Since 1996 WHN is the second oldest medical website on the net, second only to the American Medical Association, servicing over 35,000 physicians and scientists worldwide.

Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information

T Cells May Be The ...

Notifications
Clear all

T Cells May Be The Living Anti-Aging Elixir

6 Posts
4 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@4EverYoung)

Key Facts:

1. Reprogrammed CAR T cells can effectively target senescent cells, reducing aging-related health issues in mice.
  2. A single treatment with these modified T cells offers long-term health benefits, a major advantage over current therapies requiring repeated doses.
  3. This discovery expands the medical applications of CAR T cells, previously known for treating blood cancers, to potentially combating aging-related diseases.

This shows an older and younger woman.

5 Replies
(@kenceder)

In addition to CAR T cells and anti-aging potential, here's interesting research about T cells & immunity that may be of interest.

Being new to the forum, I'm Ken Ceder, Executive Director of Science of Light (SOL). My journey in the realm of light began as a pioneer in full-spectrum lighting with Ott Light Systems from 1987 to 1997, leading to the founding of 501(c)(3) nonprofit SOL. Since 2012, our mission has been to combat mal-illumination and promote a ‘balanced spectral diet’ for enhanced health span & longevity.

(@tamsyn-julie-webber)

@4EverYoung do you have a link to the study, that would be helpful. Thanks in advance. 

3 Replies
Jeremy Murphree
Admin
(@jmurphree)

@tamsyn-julie-webber these seem to be preliminary, but expected to be published in Nature Aging T Cells May Be The Living Anti-Aging Elixir - Neuroscience News

Jeremy Murphree
Admin
(@jmurphree)

(@tamsyn-julie-webber)

@jmurphree Perfect! Thanks kindly! (I'm always on the lookout for information to possibly create articles😀)

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 400MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved