Since 1996 WHN is the second oldest medical website on the net, second only to the American Medical Association, servicing over 35,000 physicians and scientists worldwide.

Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information

Confronting Mal-ill...

Notifications
Clear all

Confronting Mal-illumination: My Journey to Reintroduce Nature's Light

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@solshine-photo-nutrition)

Greetings World Health Community,

I'm Ken Ceder, Executive Director of Science of Light (SOL). My journey in the realm of light began as a pioneer in full-spectrum lighting with Ott Light Systems from 1987 to 1997, leading to the founding of the nonprofit SOL. Since 2012, our mission has been to combat mal-illumination and promote a ‘balanced spectral diet’ for enhanced immunity and disease prevention.

Dr. John Ott, through his groundbreaking work, illuminated the profound impact of light deficiency on our physical and emotional well-being. My encounter with Dr. Ott, the father of full-spectrum light technology, was a pivotal moment in my life. His innovative time-lapse photography revealed the significant effects of sunlight and various radiations on living organisms.

This discovery dovetailed with advances in biomedical science, particularly the 2002 discovery of retinal cells linked to the brain's circadian pacemaker, the hypothalamic suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN). These findings highlighted the crucial role of light in regulating serotonin for daytime alertness and melatonin for nighttime sleep functions.

However, a modern challenge persists: we spend most of our time indoors, away from the natural, full-spectrum sunlight our bodies need, leading to compromised immunity and overall health. This is where my brother Len and I saw an opportunity to make a difference.

Our response was to harness new LED technology and the health benefits of near-infrared light to create SOLshine Photo Nutrition™. These lighting systems, unlike typical SAD lights and conventional full-spectrum lights, offer the fullest visible spectrum, essential near-infrared (NIR), and a trace of ultraviolet (UV) light – a true mimic of the sun's natural spectrum.

As Dr. Fritz Albert Popp and Dr. Alexander Wunsch have emphasized, our metabolism and systemic equilibrium heavily rely on light. At SOL, we are dedicated to this principle of "light hygiene," not just as a seasonal therapy but as a daily necessity for disease prevention and overall wellness.

Thank you for allowing me to share my journey and SOL's mission. Together, we can illuminate a path towards a healthier, more light-nourished world.

Warm regards,

Ken Ceder

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 400MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved