Since 1996 WHN is the second oldest medical website on the net, second only to the American Medical Association, servicing over 35,000 physicians and scientists worldwide.

Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information

Putting Autoimmune ...

Notifications
Clear all

Putting Autoimmune Disease into remission with diet

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@davidreid)

I have 8 autoimmune diseases:

Myasthenia Gravis

Osteoarthritis

Sjogren's Disease

Ankylosing Spondylitis

Spinal Stenosis

Excema

Psoriasis 

Seborrhea 

I was bed ridden for 10 years and weighed 540 pounds. I found a diet that put all my autoimmune diseases into remission and resolved many other health issues too. I've lost 215 pounds, not all of it on this diet. I used to take 19 prescription medications, now I take zero meds. I do take a few natural supplements, mostly for my thyroid which have helped immensely.

The diet is a subset of KETO called Carnivore. I eat ZERO carbs, nothing but meat, fat, butter, salt and water. Nothing else except occasional black pepper and granulated garlic, but not often. This diet has changed my life. I was able to return my wheelchair and move out of the wheelchair accessible apartment. I have been amazed at how many foods in the standard American diet are very bad for our health. The hardest part was detoxing from sugar and oxalates dumping. It turns out almost all chronic disease is caused by what we eat and can be resolved in turn with diet.

weight loss GIF

3 Replies
Carol Petersen
Admin
(@carol-petersen)

Very impressive.  Do you ever eat any carbs?   I have seen some on carnivore do end up eating a small amount of fruit.

1 Reply
(@davidreid)

@carol-petersen I eat ZERO carbs 90% of the time. The only carbs I consume are the occassional seasoning like granulated garlic or black pepper. I also supplement with ginger root powder for my thyroid. These all have small amounts of carbs, but I rarely use them anymore.

Carol Petersen
Admin
(@carol-petersen)

Does this become monotonous?

How much meat do you eat daily?   Jordan Peterson says he basically eats beef and salt.

Do you also eat fish?

Do you have an "O" blood type?

Reversing all those autoimmune conditions would mean profound healing for the gut.  

Do you use any supplements?

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 400MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved