Since 1996 WHN is the second oldest medical website on the net, second only to the American Medical Association, servicing over 35,000 physicians and scientists worldwide.

Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information

Traumatic Brain Inj...

Notifications
Clear all

Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS)

15 Posts
7 Users
4 Reactions
Topic starter
(@paulwandmd)

I am an integrative neurologist with particular expertise in TBI and PCS. Since 1987 I have employed both EEG and quantitative EEG (qEEG) to evaluate TBI and PCS patients. Since approximately 1990 I have also used SPECT scans to assess the microcirculation of the brain, especially the cerebral cortex. Both of these diagnostic tests are especially useful considering that routine diagnostic tests (EEG) are read normal, including a 3T MRI. These two former diagnostic tests, in contrast to the routine ones, are typically abnormal, in fact, they provide the basis for a treatment protocol. The qEEG is also entirely objective whereas the routine EEG is quite subjective and the results are variable. The qEEG provides the basis for a treatment executed by neurofeedback, especially the LORETA type. The SPECT scan demonstrates cerebral hypoperfusion, the hallmark findings in both TBI/PCS, which in turns indicates the need for prescribing a specific calcium channel blocker to increase cerebral blood flow.

I am curious to know how many physicians here have ordered either a qEEG or a SPECT of the brain to assess either TBI/PCS and a poll shall be attached to this post. 

I have also published a book on this topic which is designed for the lay audience although physicians may learn the basics of qEEG/SPECT since both are explained and examples are shown in color in the digital version (but not in the printed version). Hence, the digital version is the preferred format.

Below, please find a link the book referenced above, available on Amazon, where it was a best-seller when initially published in 2019.

https://www.amazon.com/Concussion-Cure-Proven-Methods-Brain/dp/1733143505

14 Replies
Jeremy Murphree
Admin
(@jmurphree)

This is great, thanks Dr. Wand!

GIF

2 Replies
(@paulwandmd)

@jmurphree Hi where so I go to see if anyone replied to my poll that I requested in my post?

Jeremy Murphree
Admin
(@jmurphree)

Hey @paulwandmd they are going to be at the top of the screen, so it doesn't look like yours saved. Hit the edit button and try adding it again, make sure to hit the save button to update your post:

(@Dr. Paul Wand)

If anyone is interested in seeing some videos of patients that I have successfully treated for severe TBI, here is a link to my you tube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCezLsDjw8Nb5F2ohUAGi1HQ  

Carol Petersen
Admin
(@carol-petersen)

Thank you for posting, Dr. Wand.  What it the title of your book?   And you are free to post where people can find you.

Topic starter
(@paulwandmd)

Hi Carol,

The title of the book is The Concussion Cure, 3 Proven Methods to Heal Your Brain on Amazon. Yesterday, there was a picture of the cover at the end of the post but today, I no longer see it. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Topic starter
(@paulwandmd)

Addendum Carol,

The picture of the book cover is there at the end of the article and there are 3 options that one can choose from to preview it, share, or purchase it directly from Amazon. 

(@jjosephdo)

Sounds very interesting.  I’ll check it out

Topic starter
(@paulwandmd)

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

(@starrysorcerer)

great! thanks a lot

Carol Petersen
Admin
(@carol-petersen)
(@ketquame)

thanks

Topic starter
(@paulwandmd)
(@Sunny Luna)

Thank for This

Leave a reply