Since 1996 WHN is the second oldest medical website on the net, second only to the American Medical Association, servicing over 35,000 physicians and scientists worldwide.

Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information

While a Virus Is Up...

Notifications
Clear all

While a Virus Is Upper Respiratory - What's Your Protocol

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dannichols)

Hi, this is a first post for me !!! I was going to make this a poll and I was going to just choose one virus type but I decided it might be more engaging and fruitful to hear multiple different responses. While a virus is "in the head" what are you telling patients to do to keep it from heading south and getting into the lungs? I've heard sprays, flushes, supplements and steroids over the years. What say you ? I'll consider this some market research. I'd love your feedback.

4 Replies
(@Dr know)

My first approach is to cleanse the nasal fairings and the throat with a mixture of 3% hydrogen peroxide, diluted down to one percent one part sailing one part 10 drops of iodine and tablespoon of 100 ppm of colloidal silver I use in the spray bottle up the nose, around across the face, even onto the eyelids and the eyelashes and some of that will get onto the eyes but it should not be irritating and I also as I spray down the throat five sprays and I’ll do this every couple of hours for the first day or two, and then  Until symptoms remit if you can catch the virus and early stage, you will inhibit it to the point where it doesn’t turn into a bronchitis. Once you start getting productive sputum that is not clear that is yellow or brown or or somehow discolored you need to be on an antibiotic because the  Viruses turned into a bronchitis which couldn’t turn develop into an pneumonia but if you catch the virus early on when there’s just a cough or irritation and nasal stuffiness, you can almost always disrupt the progression of a respiratory infection to this. Of course the other recommendation recommendation stand, which is additional vitamin D, additional vitamin C, quercetin zinc , as well as hot showers and installation of hot mess by turning the water showerhead against the wall and turning the water up to hot so that it makes a hot mess inhaling that and using that to humidify your air passages and coughing up any excess sputum or secretions these are my personal  Protocols and have stood me well since the epidemic has begun hot green tea with lemon and honey also is a good expectorant and sues the throat as well as being mildly immune stimulating. 

1 Reply
(@Dan Nichols)

Hi, that's a great download !!

Carol Petersen
Admin
(@carol-petersen)

I like to use SeaProse, a mucolytic enzyme.  Found in SeaXyme by US Enzymes

1 Reply
(@Dan Nichols)

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email