Since 1996 WHN is the second oldest medical website on the net, second only to the American Medical Association, servicing over 35,000 physicians and scientists worldwide.

Non-Profit Trusted Source of Non-Commercial Health Information

Dr. Bob Rowen on Ox...

Notifications
Clear all

Dr. Bob Rowen on Oxygen Treatments and Covid Long Haul Lungs

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Carol Petersen
Admin
Topic starter
(@carol-petersen)

From: Robert Jay Rowen, MD from The Rowen Report <drrowen@substack.com>

Date: Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 1:18 PM

Subject: Covid Long Haul Lungs - a Viable Treatment Approach?

Covid Long Haul Lungs - a Viable Treatment Approach?

#21 Premium Report

Robert Jay Rowen, MD

Feb 20 

Comment

Long Haul Lung COVID

At our workshop last weekend, I got to meet up again with Faiz Hassan, a physician who run many urgent health care clinics in New York City area. He is a “student” of my friend Howard Robins, who pioneered a technique of ozone delivery called DIV for direct intravenous gas. This method has raised eyebrows amongst many ozone doctors.

DIV is a very simple and highly efficient method of ozone delivery – cheap, and leaves little medical waste. Its key issues are that with higher concentrations of ozone gas, it can irritate veins and even scar them, and, the volume of gas can leave the patient with a sensation of chest tightness of a cough for several minutes after the treatment. Requiring only a syringe, butterfly needle and gas, it is relatively inexpensive compared to methods that leave more waste.

There is controversy over this, as you can imagine – putting gas into a vein. But it is NOT air. It is oxygen, metabolically active and rapidly consumed.

DIV oxygen gas has been given to patients worldwide (especially Europe) for decades. When I first met up with Robins, I could not accept his accounting for far superior results with ozone gas delivery than traditional gravity major autohemotherapy (MAH). But he incessantly claimed much better results. And he thought he had to be getting better results than my method of MAH, which is not gravity but ozone/blood treatment under pressure (hyperbaric ozone therapy or HBO3). Well, he was startled to discover that my method is not gravity MAH, which we both believe is inferior in terms of results, but is returning the blood with pressurized ozone/oxygen gas. He could see superiority.

Trying to understand why DIV might be getting surprising results, I studied the medical literature and shocked Robins at a meeting

where I showed how DIV oxygen (without ozone) is a significant medical treatment in its own right, reducing inflammation, improving circulation, eliminating waste, excess fluids and more. It is actually shocking to me that with that kind of medical information in the public domain, that modern medicine knows nothing about it. In particular, DIV oxygen induces eosinophils (a blood cell) to generate more of an anti-inflammatory enzyme called 15-LOX-1. It also induces production of your body’s more important vascular lubricator-  prostacyclin, an omega 6 series prostaglandin (note, NOT omega 3). DIV oxygen also induces other key anti-inflammatory enzymes.

I gathered all this information and presented it at an ozone meeting in Havana many years ago shocking the audience and providing some science to the clinical reports Dr. Robins was making but lacking the science to explain why his method might be superior to conventional MAH.

Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids

2004 Nov;71(5):271-6.

doi: 10.1016/j.plefa.2004.03.022.

Impact of intravenous oxygen therapy on the expression of reticulocyte-type 15-lipoxygenase in human volunteers P Chaitidis 1, F J Kreutzer, C Gerth, P Janata, H Kühn

DOI: 10.1016/j.plefa.2004.03.022

Abstract

Intravenous oxygen infusion is used in complementary medicine to fight inflammatory disorders and repeated application of this therapeutic method leads to an increase in eosinophilic granulocytes in the peripheral blood. Since this subset of human peripheral leukocytes are known to express large amounts of the reticulocyte-type 15-lipoxygenase (15-lipoxygenase 1), which was suggested to exhibit anti-inflammatory activities, we profiled expression of this enzyme in the peripheral blood during the time course of typical oxygen infusion therapy. For this purpose seven volunteers were treated with intravenous infusion of oxygen gas for 4 weeks and the time-course of 15-lipoxygenase expression as well as the eosinophil count were monitored during and after the treatment interval. We found that 15-lipoxygenase 1 expression and the eosinophil count were significantly increased during the treatment period but returned to normal after the therapy was stopped. There was a striking correlation between the relative number of 15-lipoxygenase transcripts and the eosinophil counts suggesting eosinophils as major source of 15-lipoxygenase 1 expression. Since 15-lipoxygenase has been implicated in the resolving phase of acute inflammatory diseases the anti-inflammatory effects of intravenous oxygen infusion may be explained at least in part by our experimental findings.

So, as you can see, there is a strong place for a dirt-cheap treatment to treat certain inflammatory condition. It is totally safe – using oxygen gas, a substance we cannot exist without for more than a few minutes. I believe the tiny bubbles introduced by this method is the mechanism for the incredible effects we see with DIV oxygen/ozone gas.

A European, Regelsberger, summarized his observations as follows:  improvement in oxygen availability, eosinophilia, which can be valued as an increase in undetermined cellular immunological resistance, Improved rheological qualities of the blood,  diuresis improved, release of oxygen into the tissue is increase,  Blood pH is normalized,  Compared with hyperbaric oxygen therapy, i.v. oxygen therapy seems to have less side effects. Application is less complicated, less expensive but probably of higher efficacy. (This statement does not apply to issues related to diving medicine.) ❧ Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd. 2002 Feb;9(1):7-18.

To me, this is just incredible. A no risk treatment with oxygen, of all things, just delivered a bit differently, doing some wonderful surprising healing effects.

We used this method for EBOLA with great results. Now Dr. Kaan is using the method for long haul COVID lungs. Dr. Kaan reported at our workshop that he has seen at least 60 patients with long haul oxygen desaturation, which were low enough to require hospitalization (O2 sat in the low 80s). He says his patients refused the hospital. He has provided them regular DIV ozone and all of the patients, over 60 in total, have recovered. This is incredible information. I hope I get a chance to write it up with him.

DIV is different than other forms of delivery. The tiny bubbles appear to set off significant anti-inflammatory processes. And since the bubbles will first arrive in the lungs, that is where we might expect the strongest effect. Robins and I predicted this with the first published article by anyone on ozone for COVID in March 2020.

I have tended to do HBO3 which has DIV like effects based on the laws of gas physics. I can deliver far more ozone than with DIV. I like it because I get results quickly and with seemingly fewer treatments than DIV requires. Robins and Kaan recommend at least 3 days weekly. I often do HBO3 once a week. My patients come from miles away. 

If you have long haul COVID lungs, this treatment might be worth considering, especially if you are in the NYC area with access to Drs. Kaan and Robins. Any physician who can do DIV can provide it. Because of this information, our office will likely do more DIV ozone for COVID, even though it might require more frequent treatments. None of us have lost patients to COVID, though my office has seen a few more hospitalizations. Perhaps with the DIV method, that will be a thing of the past.

To. Your Excellent Health!

Robert Jay Rowen, MD

© 2022 Robert Jay Rowen, MD Unsubscribe

321 S. Main St. #537, Sebastopol, CA

1 Reply
(@Dr know)

This forum is fantastic and a boon to mankind 😀 

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 400MB